Vetropolycin Ophthalmic Ointment is a triple antibiotic that contains Polymyxin, Neomycin, and Bacitracin. It effectively treats superficial bacterial infections in the conjunctiva and eyelid.
What is Vetropolycin Opthalmic Ointment, 3.5 gm?
Vetropolycin Opthalmic Ointment is a topical product which is used for the treatment of superficial bacterial infections of the eyelid and conjunctiva in dogs and cats.
Who is Vetropolycin Opthalmic Ointment, 3.5 gm for?
For use in cats and dogs.
Why use Vetropolycin Opthalmic Ointment, 3.5 gm?
Vetropolycin combines 3 different antibiotics in 1 convenient, easy-to-use ointment.
How does Vetropolycin Opthalmic Ointment, 3.5 gm work?
The polymyxin, neomycin, and bacitracin in Vetropolycin ointment offer broad spectrum protection against gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria associated with superficial conjunctiva and eyelid infections.
- 400 units of Bacitracin Zinc
- 5mg of Neomycin Sulfate (equivalent to 3.5 mg of Neomycin base)
- 10,000 units of Polymyxin B Sulfate in a base of White Petrolatum and Mineral Oil
How is Vetropolycin Opthalmic Ointment, 3.5 gm sold?
3.5 gm tube
What are the side effects of Vetropolycin Opthalmic Ointment, 3.5 gm?
Vetropolycin use should be discontinued if your pet exhibits sensitivities to the medication, such as:
What special precautions are there?
- While side effects are rare, you should stop administering Vetropolycin to your pet if any reactions are noted.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Avoid allowing the tip of the applicator to come into contact with any tissue.
- Do not contaminate the tip of the applicator during application.
- Re-evaluate therapy and diagnosis with your veterinarian if the infection does not respond to the medication within 2-3 days.
- Prolonged use could cause overgrowth of non-susceptible organisms, including fungi. If this occurs, take appropriate measures.
- Do not use as a pre-surgical treatment.
What to do if overdose?
In case of overdose, contact your closest emergency pet hospital
How can I store Vetropolycin Opthalmic Ointment, 3.5 gm?
Store in a dry and cool environment.
Treatment area should be properly cleaned prior to application. Remove any debris or foreign bodies.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.