Veraflox™ Oral Suspension (Pradofloxacin) is useful in treating skin infections (abscesses or wounds) in cats associated with susceptible Staphylococcus pseudintermedius, Staphylococcus felis, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus canis, and Pasteurella multocida strains.
Who is Veraflox Oral Suspension 25 mg/ml for?
For use in cats and kittens (6 weeks and older).
Why use Veraflox Oral Suspension 25 mg/ml?
Features of Veraflox™:
- Treats abscesses and wound infections associated with susceptible Staphylococcus intermedius group (such as S. pseudintermedius) and Pasteurella multocida strains
- Treats acute upper respiratory infection associated with susceptible Staphylococcus intermedius group (such as S. pseudintermedius), Escherichia coli, and Pasteurella multocida strains
- Convenient, easily-administered, once-daily oral suspension
- Dispenser is easy to use, making accurate dosing a breeze
How does Veraflox Oral Suspension 25 mg/ml work?
Veraflox™ was formulated to enhance the efficacy against anaerobic and gram-positive pathogens compared to fluoroquinolones of past generations while maintaining the same activity against gram-negative bacteria. It delivers improved bactericidal action as it works to attack both essential enzymes needed for the DNA of bacteria to replicate - topoisomerase IV and DNA gyrase.
Bayer Animal Health
How is Veraflox Oral Suspension 25 mg/ml sold?
15ml oral suspension
What are the side effects of Veraflox Oral Suspension 25 mg/ml?
Although rarely experienced, the most frequently-reported adverse reactions are short-term, non-severe gastrointestinal problems, including vomiting.
What special precautions are there?
- Do not use this medication in pets with known or suspected fluoroquinolone antibiotic allergies or hypersensitivities.
- Do not use in young and growing dogs, kittens under the age of 6 weeks, pets suffering from joint issues associated with damaged cartilage, or pets with disorders of the central nervous system, including epilepsy. This medication can cause seizures in such animals.
- Do not use in lactating or pregnant females.
- This drug is considered safe for use in kittens over the age of 6 weeks as it has no effect on cartilage development at this age.
- Do not use in cats with persistent articular cartilage lesions. Lesions can worsen during fluoroquinolone treatment.
- Where possible, this product is recommended for use only when susceptibility testing has taken place.
- Local and official antimicrobial procedures should be considered when using this product.
- Fluoroquinolones should only be used to treat clinical conditions that have or might respond poorly to other antimicrobial classes.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency animal hospital.
How can I store Veraflox Oral Suspension 25 mg/ml?
After first opening, Veraflox™ has demonstrated in-use stability of 60 days.Store below 30°C (86°F).
Veraflox™ is considered the next step in antibiotic treatment of cats.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.