SIMPLICEF tablets are often prescribed for the treatment of skin infections (wounds and abscesses) in dogs caused by susceptible strains of Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus canis (group G, ß hemolytic), Escherichia coli, Pasteurella multocida, and Proteus mirabilis.
For use in dogs.
Features of Simplicef:
- The first FDA-approved once-daily oral cephalosporin for veterinary use to treat skin infections in dogs
- Cost-effective and convenient option for large dogs
- Treats a variety of infections, including urinary tract, skin, ear, and respiratory tract infections
- Convenient daily dosing
Simplicef is an effective treatment against most gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. Cephalosporin antibiotics work by suppressing the growth of microorganisms like protozoa, fungi, or bacteria. Simplicef is easily-absorbed by the intestinal tract, then carried to the bloodstream to many of the body's tissues. For effectiveness, Simplicef should be administered for many days in a row. If any doses are missed or if the course of treatment is not completed, the infection may worsen or recur. Speak with your veterinarian if your pet's condition worsens or fails to improve following Simplicef treatment.
While adverse reactions with cefpodoxime are rare, you could notice diarrhea, vomiting, or decreased appetite. If your pet exhibits any of these reactions, notify your veterinarian.
- Like other cephalosporins, this medication could cause a positive result in a direct Coombs' test.
- Safety has not been proven for use in lactating, pregnant, or breeding dogs.
Contact your vet or closest emergency animal hospital.
Store at room temperature (15-30°C).
Simplicef boasts a long half-life, which means that convenient, once-daily dosing is possible. This results in greater compliance and allows for better clinical outcomes.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.