Revolution for Cats is a spot-on topical liquid medication that prevents heartworms and fleas. It also works to control and prevent sarcoptic mange and ear mites. This once-monthly treatment is conveniently applied in one area of your cat's skin. Check out our Heartworm Disease Chart for more information on what medicine is best for your cat.
Who is Revolution for Cats for?
Pink size for use in puppies and kittens over 5 pounds. Blue and taupe sizes for use in cats.
Why use Revolution for Cats?
Features of Revolution for Cats:
- Single dose
- Prevents parasites and heartworm disease
- Controls and treats intestinal hookworms (Ancylostoma tubaeforme) and intestinal roundworm (Toxocara cati)
- Prevents hatching of flea eggs and kills fleas (Ctenocephalides felis)
How does Revolution for Cats work?
After topically applying Revolution to your cat, it begins to enter the bloodstream through the skin, going to work at preventing parasitic worms and heartworm disease. Selamectin, the active ingredient, is then present in the bloodstream and tissue of the cat. Selamectin effectively kills adult fleas and American dog ticks, prevents hatching of flea eggs, and works to treat sarcoptic mange and ear mites.
Active ingredient(s): Selamectin
How is Revolution for Cats sold?
- Available in 3, 6, or 12 month supplies.
- Pink: Kittens and Puppies <5 lbs
- Blue: Cats 5.1 - 15 lbs
- Taupe: Cats 15.1 - 22 lbs
What are the side effects of Revolution for Cats?
Revolution is typically well-tolerated. Studies have shown less than 1% of dogs experience digestive upset. Other potential side effects include:
- Rapid breathing
- Muscle tremors
- Decreased appetite
- Powdery residue at treatment site
- Skin irritation at treatment site
- Hair loss, clumping, or discoloration at treatment site
If you notice persistent symptoms or any reaction other than those listed above, speak with your veterinarian.
What special precautions are there?
- Your cat should receive a test for existing heartworms before starting Revolution. If infected, your veterinarian may recommend alternate treatment options prior to starting this medication.
- Do not use with other tick and flea products.
- Do not administer orally.
- Do not apply to damaged or broken skin or wet coat.
- Irritating to the eyes and skin.
- Do not use in underweight, debilitated, or sick cats.
- Not for human use.
- Flammable - keep away from heat.
- Keep away from children.
What to do if overdose?
Consult your closest pet hospital.
How can I store Revolution for Cats?
Store in a dry place below 86°F.
Revolution is an FDA-approved treatment available only with a prescription from a veterinarian. It is not an EPA-registered pesticide. Although it is applied topically, Revolution is a broad-spectrum, systemically-acting parasiticide that is considered safe and efficient.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.