Profender for Cats is a topically-applied liquid that works to prevent tapeworms and roundworms. This medication is easily and conveniently applied as a spot-on treatment.
What is Profender for Cats, 1 Dose?
Profender is an easy and stress-free way to deworm your cat. Profender combines powerful broad-spectrum treatment with the ease and convenience of a topical application. No more pills, no more shots.
Who is Profender for Cats, 1 Dose for?
For use on cats (2.2 to 17.6 pounds).
Why use Profender for Cats, 1 Dose?
Features of Profender for Cats:
- Profender is the first and only topical broad spectrum dewormer that treats and controls tapeworm, roundworm and hookworm infections in cats. Profender is a convenient single dose treatment for cats and kittens that are at least 8 weeks of age and weigh at least 2.2 lbs. For cats suffering from, or at risk from, mixed parasitic infections caused by roundworms and tapeworms of the following species: Roundworms (Nematodes) Toxocara cati (mature adult, immature adult, L4 and L3) Toxascaris leonina (mature adult, immature adult and L4) Ancylostoma tubaeforme (mature adult, immature adult and L4) Tapeworms (Cestodes) Dipylidium caninum (adult) Taenia taeniaeformis (adult) Echinococcus multilocularis (adult)
How does Profender for Cats, 1 Dose work?
The hair follicles carry Profender to the skin, where it then enters the cat's bloodstream. It makes its way to the intestine, where it begins to control and treat infections of hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms. Emodepside is a depsipeptide semi-synthetic compound. It works against hookworms and roundworms. Emodepside works against Ancylostoma tubaeforme, Toxascaris leonina, and Toxocara cati. Within the neuromuscular junction, this ingredient stimulates presynaptic receptors from the family of secretin receptors, causing parasite paralysis and subsequent death. Praziquantel is a derivative of pyrazine isoquinoline, which works against such tapeworms as Taenia taeniaeformis, Echinococcus multilocularis, and Dipylidium caninum. The parasite's surface readily absorbs this ingredient, which primary by making changes to the Ca++ permeability of the membranes of parasites. This causes serious parasite integument damage, paralysis and contraction, metabolism disruption, and finally, parasite death.
Bayer Animal Health
Potential adverse reactions include:
- Excessive salivation
- Excessive grooming
- Scratching at the treatment site
- Nervousness or agitation
- Eye irritation
- Respiratory irritation
Other side effects, including serious reactions, can occur. Always monitor your cat after applying this product and seek veterinary attention for any reaction.
How is Profender for Cats, 1 Dose sold?
- Profender Small Green 2.2-5.5 lbs 1 Dose 0.35 mL
- Profender Medium Orange 5.5-11 lbs 1 Dose 0.70 mL
- Profender Large Purple 11-17.6 lbs 1 Dose 1.12 mL
What special precautions are there?
- Do not allow other cats or treated cats to lick the application site until the product dries.
- Not for parenteral or oral administration.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including SD Alochol 40 which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects to reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
What to do if overdose?
Contact your nearest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Profender for Cats, 1 Dose?
Store in a dry and cool environment.
Profender makes intestinal parasite treatment easy for your cat and for you! You won't have to deal with hard-to-administer pills or the pain of an injection. With a simple, single dose, you'll be controlling and treating hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms with complete confidence.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.