Neo-Predef with Tetracaine Topical Powder 15 gm is an anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, and topical antibiotic medication used to treat certain types of skin and ear issues in cats, dogs, and horses.
What is Neo-Predef with Tetracaine Topical Powder 15gm?
NEO-PREDEF with Tetracaine Powder is well suited for the treatment of certain ear and skin problems in dogs, cats and horses.
Who is Neo-Predef with Tetracaine Topical Powder 15gm for?
For use in cats, dogs, and horses.
Why use Neo-Predef with Tetracaine Topical Powder 15gm?
Features of Neo-Predef:
- Treats acute otitis externa (swimmer's ear) in dogs
- Treats acute moist dermatitis (hot spots or pyotraumatic dermatitis) in dogs
- Treats interdigital dermatitis (scald) in dogs
- Can be used as a dusting powder for many types of lacerations, abrasions, and minor cuts in dogs, cats, and horses
How does Neo-Predef with Tetracaine Topical Powder 15gm work?
- Is a highly potent anti-inflammatory
- Has a wide spectrum bactericidal effect provided by neomycin and a quick-acting anesthetic
- Promptly relieves symptoms
- Can be used after tail, claw, or dew claw amputation as a dusting powder
- Can be used after castrating or ear trimming
- Can be used as after surgical procedures, such as ovariohysterectomies (spays)
- Reduces the chances of further self-inflicted trauma
- Is easy to apply
- Isoflupredone Acetate: Highly potent anti-inflammatory
- INeomycin: wide-spectrum bactericidal
- ITetracaine: topical anesthetic agent
- IMyristyl-gamma-picolinium Chloride: highly germicidal, nonirritating and relatively nontoxic.
How is Neo-Predef with Tetracaine Topical Powder 15gm sold?
NEO-PREDEF with Tetracaine Powder is sold in 15 gram plastic insufflator bottles.
What are the side effects of Neo-Predef with Tetracaine Topical Powder 15gm?
Corticosteroids like Neo-Predef have been known to cause cleft palates in offspring of pregnant rodents and rabbits, and the following side effects in pregnant dogs:
- Cleft palate
- Deformed forelegs
- Anasarca (swelling)
- Phocomelia (seal limb)
- Other types of congenital anomalies
What special precautions are there?
A thorough examination of the external ear canal should be performed before injecting Neo-Predef into the ear. Rupture of the tympanic membrane (eardrum) could cause damage to the vestibular apparatus or cochlea. It could also cause an infection to be transmitted to the middle part of the ear due to prolonged contact.
Stop using Neo-Predef if vestibular or hearing dysfunction are observed.
What to do if overdose?
Contact the closest emergency animal hospital.
How can I store Neo-Predef with Tetracaine Topical Powder 15gm?
Store in a dry place at room temperature 68° to 77°F (20° to 25°C)
Cleanse the affected area before application.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.