Mirtazapine (Remeron) Tablets are typically used for the treatment of depression symptoms. Available only for veterinary use, this medication has anecdotally been shown to treat some anorexia and vomiting-related conditions.
What is Mirtazapine Tablets 15 mg 30 Ct.?
Mirtazapine is used primarily to treat the symptoms of moderate to severe depression.
Who is Mirtazapine Tablets 15 mg 30 Ct. for?
For use in cats and dogs.
Why use Mirtazapine Tablets 15 mg 30 Ct.?
Mirtazapine is an appetite stimulant that is also a useful treatment for nausea.
How does Mirtazapine Tablets 15 mg 30 Ct. work?
Mirtazapine blocks stomach and intestinal signals that communicate with the brain's vomit center.
Sun Pharma, Apotex or other generic brand
How is Mirtazapine Tablets 15 mg 30 Ct. sold?
30 tablets of 15 mg strength.
What are the side effects of Mirtazapine Tablets 15 mg 30 Ct.?
- The most likely side effect of this medication is drowsiness.
- Mirtazapine decreases adrenal gland cortisol secretion, but it is not indicated as a treatment for Cushing's syndrome.
- Serotonin syndrome could occur if the serotonin levels in the brain get too high. This syndrome typically requires a combination of drugs to increase serotonin levels. Signs of this syndrome are high blood pressure, elevated body temperature, difficulty breathing, dilated pupils, shivering, tremors, and elevated heart rate. Another potential symptom is general hyperactivity. If serotonin syndrome is suspected, cyproheptadine is an effective antidote.
- At higher doses, this drug could results in a drop in blood pressure or elevated heart rate.
- Infrequently, this medication can cause irregularities in blood cell lines developing in the bone marrow.
- If the pet is known to have blood disease, low platelets, or leukemia, this medication may still be used, but will probably require extra monitoring tests.
What special precautions are there?
This medication should not be administered to pets with allergy or hypersensitivity to it.
Use with caution if your pet is taking any other medications. It may interact with other medications, including monoamine oxidase inhibitors and Tramadol.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest animal hospital.
How can I store Mirtazapine Tablets 15 mg 30 Ct.?
Store in a dry and cool environment.
Do not abruptly discontinue administration of this drug. Your pet should be slowly weaned.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.