Malaseb Shampoo offers antifungal and antibacterial agents, providing excellent therapeutic effectiveness. It is useful against dermatological problems associated with chlorhexidine gluconate and miconazole nitrate-responsive infections in horses, cats, and dogs.
What is Malaseb Shampoo?
Malaseb Shampoo Provides antibacterial and antifungal agents for optimal therapeutic effectiveness for dermatological conditions associated with infections responsive to miconazole nitrate and chlorhexidine gluconate.
Who is Malaseb Shampoo for?
For use in horses, cats, and dogs.
Why use Malaseb Shampoo?
Features of Malaseb:
- Works against gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria
- Treats Seborrhea
- Treats infection, intense pruritus, and dry, flaky skin
How does Malaseb Shampoo work?
Chlorhexidine gluconate and miconazole nitrate work together to form an effective treatment to kill dermatitis-causing microorganisms, degrease the skin, and remove scales. Chlorhexidine gluconate is an antibacterial, fighting against gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. Miconazole nitrate is an antifungal, fighting against fungi and yeast.
Bayer Animal Health
Chlorhexidine gluconate and Miconazole nitrate
How is Malaseb Shampoo sold?
Sold by the bottle in 8 oz., 16 oz. or 1/2 Gallon
What are the side effects of Malaseb Shampoo?
Potential adverse reactions include:
- Swelling of the nose, throat, or face could occur during a serious allergic reaction. This could escalate quickly into an emergency.
- Excessive itching could occur if your dog's body releases too much histamine.
- Redness or hives could occur all over the body of the animal.
What special precautions are there?
- Do not allow Malaseb near the nose. Pets could aspirate medication fumes, which may result in respiratory tract and lung irritation, leading to difficulty breathing and throat swelling.
- The active chemicals within Malaseb could irritate or severely burn your dog's eyes. This inflammation can cause infection. The shampoo actually causes changes within the eye, so it is extremely pertinent to thoroughly flush the dog's eyes with water and seek urgent veterinary attention.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Malaseb Shampoo?
Store at room temperature and prevent from freezing.
Use weekly, or as recommended by your veterinarian.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.