Treat your pet with FRONTLINE Plus, trusted by vets for over 20 years, waterproof, fast-acting kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. Designed for use only with dogs eight weeks or older, this long-lasting treatment is made for dogs weighing between 5 and 132 pounds. Made with two active ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene, this treatment stops infestations and prevents new ones. It kills ticks that may transmit diseases, like Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and aids in the control of sarcoptic mite mange infestations. One easy topical application works for a full 30 days. See Allivet's Flea and Tick Chart to find which flea and tick product is best for your pet.
What is Frontline Plus For Dogs?
FRONTLINE PLUS FOR DOGS is a monthly topical treatment that provides fast, effective and convenient treatment and control of fleas, ticks and chewing lice for dogs and puppies.
Who is Frontline Plus For Dogs for?
Dogs and Puppies (8 weeks of age and older)
Why use Frontline Plus For Dogs?
Provides fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick protection for dogs 8 weeks or older and weighing 5 lbs or more. Kills adult fleas, ticks, chewing lice, mites, and flea eggs and larvae. Waterproof 24 hours after application. Easy to apply for once a month for lasting protection. For best results, apply every month.
Features of FRONTLINE® PLUS FOR DOGS:
Safe for use on lactating, pregnant, and breeding females
Helps control infestations of sarcoptic mange
Quickly eradicates chewing lice infestations
Kills potential Lyme disease-carrying deer ticks at all stages (lone star, American dog, and brown dog ticks)
Kills fleas, which could cause flea allergy dermatitis
How does Frontline Plus For Dogs work?
FRONTLINE® PLUS FOR DOGS contains insect growth regulator (IGR) (S)-methoprene and fipronil. It efficiently works against fleas at all stages. Fipronil works to collect oils in the hair and skin follicles, and it continues to release from the hair follicles onto the coat and skin. This results in lasting activity against chewing lice, ticks, and fleas.
Active ingredient(s): fipronil, (S)-methoprene
How is Frontline Plus For Dogs sold?
FRONTLINE® PLUS FOR DOGS is available Over the Counter (OTC) in 3, 6, and 12 month supplies.
Boxes are color coordinated according to your dog's weight.
- Orange: 5 - 22 lbs. (Small Dogs)
- Blue: 23 -44 lbs. (Medium Dogs)
- Purple: 45-88 lbs. (Large Dogs)
- Red: 89 - 132 lbs. (Extra Large Dogs)
What are the side effects of Frontline Plus For Dogs?
Potential side effects include: Loss of appetite, diarrhea, excessive salivation, irritation at the application site, itching, swelling
What special precautions are there?
- Do not store or use near open flame or heat. This product is combustible.
- Speak with your veterinarian before use on aged, debilitated, or medicated pets. For 24-hour-a-day assistance, call 1-800-660-1842.
- Some medications may interact with pesticides.
- Contact your veterinarian prior to repeat treatment if your pet exhibits an unusual reaction to their initial application.
- Irritation site pain is the most common side effect. If symptoms persist or worsen within a few days following application, contact your veterinarian.
- Rarely, individual sensitivities can occur following pesticide use.
- Do not administer to puppies under the age of 8 weeks.
- Intended only for external use.
- Do not allow contact with clothing, eyes, or skin.
- Thoroughly wash hands after handling. If skin contact occurs, wash repeatedly with soap and water. Contact a doctor if irritation continues.
- Harmful if swallowed. If accidentally swallowed, contact a doctor or poison control center immediately to obtain advice about treatment. Ensure that the affected person sips water if they are able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless instructed by a doctor or poison control center. Do not give an unconscious person anything by mouth.
- Causes eye irritation. If contact with the eyes occurs, flush with copious amounts of water and contact a doctor if the irritation continues.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including SD Alochol 40 which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects to reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
What to do if overdose?
Contact your nearest animal hospital.
How can I store Frontline Plus For Dogs?
Only store unused product in original container.
Keep out of reach of children and animals.
The entire container should be applied to the same area on your dog (between the shoulder blades). Do not apply on top of the hair. Instead, part the hair and apply to the skin.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.