Equioxx Oral Paste is an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) that uses firocoxib to control inflammation and pain in horses caused by osteoarthritis. Every syringe comes with 6.93 grams of Equioxx, which is enough for a horse weighing 1,250 pounds.
What is Equioxx Oral Paste?
Equioxx is an NSAID which helps control pain and inflammation caused by arthritis in horses.
Who is Equioxx Oral Paste for?
For use in horses.
Why use Equioxx Oral Paste?
Features of Equioxx Oral Paste:
- Aids in the improvement of your horse's range of motion
- Works to improve mobility
- Helpful for pain relief
- Useful in reducing inflammation
How does Equioxx Oral Paste work?
This paste inhibits cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), which aids in generating chemicals responsible for inflammation and pain. It spares cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1), which aids in the maintenance of many normal functions of the body.
How is Equioxx Oral Paste sold?
What are the side effects of Equioxx Oral Paste?
The most frequently reported side effects are appetite loss or stomach upset. Jaundice and loose stools are also possible.
What special precautions are there?
- Do not administer to horses with NSAID or firocoxib hypersensitivity.
- Only for oral administration to horses.
- Not for use in horses intended for food slaughter.
- Do not use in humans.
- Keep away from children.
- If accidentally ingested by a human, seek medical advice.
- Drug toxicity symptoms should be well-understood and monitored.
- A complete history and physical exam are recommended before initiating treatment with this or any NSAID, and periodic re-examination may be recommended by your veterinarian.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Equioxx Oral Paste?
Store in a dry and cool environment.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.