Doxycycline is used to treat susceptible organism-caused bacterial infections, Chlamydia, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and Lyme disease. It is a bacteriostatic antibiotic.
*Sold per Tablet
What is Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg Tablet?
Doxycycline hyclate tablets are a bacteriostatic antibiotic used for the treatment of infections such as Lyme disease, Chlamydia, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and bacterial infections caused by susceptible organisms.
Who is Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg Tablet for?
For use in dogs and cats.
Why use Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg Tablet?
Doxycycline is effective in the treatment of:
- Bladder and urinary tract infections
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
- Lyme disease
How does Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg Tablet work?
This water soluble doxycycline is an antibiotic that stops bacteria from multiplying and producing protein. It is synthetically derived from oxytetracycline.
How is Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg Tablet sold?
Sold by the tablet in strengths of 100 mg.
What are the side effects of Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg Tablet?
Potential side effects include:
- Mild nausea
Although these symptoms may be inconvenient, they do not indicate a serious problem. Continue administering the medication and consult your veterinarian about symptom relief solutions.
What special precautions are there?
- Avoid dairy products and milk when taking Doxycycline, unless expressly recommended by your veterinarian.
- Do not give this medication to dogs with kidney or liver disorders.
- Inform your veterinarian of any tetracycline allergies or any other similar antibiotics (Panmycin, Dynacin, Minocin, Declomycin, Sumycin) prior to giving this medication to your pet.
- Because this medication impedes bone growth, it should not be administered to nursing or pregnant dogs.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg Tablet?
Store in a dry and cool place.
Offering doxycycline with food does not affect its absorption. Be sure to keep plenty of water readily available while your pet is taking this medication, as hydration helps prevent some side effects from occurring.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.