Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine that treats travel anxiety, motion sickness, insect stings, allergies, and other issues.The usual dose in dogs and cats is 0.5-2mg/pound every 8 to 12 hours.
Who is Diphenhydramine 50mg Capsules 100 ct. for?
For use in cats and dogs.
Why use Diphenhydramine 50mg Capsules 100 ct.?
Diphenhydramine helps to relieve the symptoms of allergies. It can also be used as a treatment for travel anxiety or motion sickness.
How does Diphenhydramine 50mg Capsules 100 ct. work?
This antihistamine counteracts the negative effects of histamine, such as sneezing and itching.
Major, Sandoz or other generic brand
How is Diphenhydramine 50mg Capsules 100 ct. sold?
100 capsules of 50 mg strength
What are the side effects of Diphenhydramine 50mg Capsules 100 ct.?
Adverse reactions may include:
- Urinary retention
- Dry mouth
- Diarrhea (rarely)
- Vomiting (rarely)
What special precautions are there?
- High doses of antihistamines can lead to birth defects.
- Diphenhydramine is excreted in breast milk. Therefore, it should only be administered to lactating or pregnant animals in cases where the benefits are greater than the risks.
- A lower dose could be best for older animals.
- Use with caution in working dogs, as this medication can have a sedative effect.
- Dosage should be tailored to each individual pet.
- Use with caution in animals with allergic lung disease (COPD), hypertension, seizure disorders, hyperthyroidism, pyloroduodenal obstruction, angle closure glaucoma, severe heart failure, bladder neck obstruction, or prostatic hypertrophy.
What to do if overdose?
Immediately contact your closest animal hospital .
How can I store Diphenhydramine 50mg Capsules 100 ct.?
Store at room temperature.
Diphenhydramine is generic for Benadryl.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.