Derma-Vet (Dermalone) Ointment (generic for Panalog) is used to treat chronic and acute otitis of many causes, canine anal gland infections, and canine and feline interdigital cysts.
Who is Derma-Vet Ointment (Dermalone) for?
For use in cats and dogs.
Why use Derma-Vet Ointment (Dermalone)?
Derma-Vet Ointment (Dermalone) treats dogs for anal gland infections and treats dogs and cats for chronic and acute otitis (ear infection).
How does Derma-Vet Ointment (Dermalone) work?
The four active ingredients in Derma-Vet Ointment offer four basic therapeutic properties: antibacterial, antifungal, antipruritic, and anti-inflammatory.
- Neomycin: this ingredient provides antimicrobial action against a wide variety of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria.
- Thiostrepton is highly effective against gram-positive bacteria. Many gram-positive bacteria can be resistant to other antibiotic treatments.
- Nystatin is a well-tolerated antifungal antibiotic that treats cutaneous infections resulting from Candida albicans (monilia).
- Triamcinolone acetonide is a powerful synthetic corticosteroid, which offers prolonged and rapid relief of symptoms when applied topically. Pruritus, edema, and inflammation subside quickly, and lesions are able to heal.
Nystatin-Neomycin Sulfate-Thiostrepton-Triamcinolone Acetonide
How is Derma-Vet Ointment (Dermalone) sold?
7.5 ml, 15 ml, 30 ml or 240 ml
What are the side effects of Derma-Vet Ointment (Dermalone)?
Potential adverse reactions include:
- Cushing's syndrome (in dogs with repeated or prolonged steroid therapy)
- Diarrhea (occasionally bloody)
- Weight loss
- SGPT enzyme elevations
- SAP enzyme elevations
Temporary loss of hearing may occur when used to treat otitis with corticosteroid products. This condition is typically resolved by withdrawing of treatment. If hearing dysfunction is noted, discontinue use.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest animal hospital.
How can I store Derma-Vet Ointment (Dermalone)?
Store at room temperature.
This product is FDA-approved.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
What special precautions are there?
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.