Clavamox (Clavulanate Potassium and Amoxicillin) Oral Drops are broad-spectrum drops with antibiotic properties. These drops are administered by mixing with water.
Who is Clavamox Oral Drops 62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml for?
For use in cats and dogs.
Why use Clavamox Oral Drops 62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml?
Features of Clavamox Oral Drops:
- Works against several types of gram-negative and gram-positive anaerobic and aerobic microorganisms for as long as 30 days
- Considered to be a safe way to treat harmful bacterial infections in pets
- Useful in treating urinary tract infections
- Clinical effectiveness has been proven in treating canine periodontal diseases
- Helpful in treating soft wound and skin infections like dermatitis, cellulitis, abscesses, and certain other wounds
How does Clavamox Oral Drops 62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml work?
Clavulanate and Amoxicillin work together to offer broad-spectrum antibiotic benefits. Amoxicillin works by blocking bacteria from cell wall creation, and Clavulanate weakens certain bacteria that are typically Amoxicillin-resistant, causing them to become susceptible.
Amoxicillin Trihydrate and Clavulanic Acid
How is Clavamox Oral Drops 62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml sold?
62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml bottle
What are the side effects of Clavamox Oral Drops 62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml?
The most frequently reported side effect for Clavamox use is nausea. This can be reduced if the medication is administered with food.
What special precautions are there?
- This medication uses amoxicillin, a semi-synthetic penicillin, which is known to cause allergic reactions in some cases. If such a reaction occurs, steroids and/or epinephrine should be administered.
- Do not administer to pets with known allergies to penicillin or cephalosporin.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Clavamox Oral Drops 62.5 mg/ml, 15 ml?
Store in a dry and cool environment at temperatures not above 25° C (77° F).
Some of the Clavamox-susceptible bacteria include E. coli, Streptococcus, and Staphylococcus.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.