Carprofen treats inflammation and pain caused by arthritis and joint disease such as hip dysplasia. It is also an effective fever reducer.
What is Carprovet (Carprofen) Flavored Tablets?
Carprofen Chewable Tabs are used to treat pets suffering from pain and inflammation caused by conditions such as arthritis and other joint diseases including hip dysplasia. It is also used to reduce fever.
Who is Carprovet (Carprofen) Flavored Tablets for?
For use in dogs.
Why use Carprovet (Carprofen) Flavored Tablets?
Relieves inflammation and pain caused by osteoarthritis (OA) and controls post-operative pain caused by soft tissue or orthopedic surgeries.
How does Carprovet (Carprofen) Flavored Tablets work?
Carprofen acts by inhibiting the activity of cyclooxygenase.
How is Carprovet (Carprofen) Flavored Tablets sold?
Available in tablet counts of 60 or 180 in strengths of 25mg, 75mg, and 100mg.
What are the side effects of Carprovet (Carprofen) Flavored Tablets?
- NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) like Carprofen can carry a risk for adverse reactions, such as:
- Diarrhea or dark, tarry stools
- Decrease of appetite
- Increase of urination
- Increase of water consumption
- Anemia (indicated by pale gums)
- Jaundice (indicated by skin, gum, or eye yellowing)
- Changes in behavior
What special precautions are there?
- Dogs who have previously shown sensitivity to Carprofen should not be given this medication again.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not give to cats.
- Do use in nursing or pregnant animals.
- Periodic kidney and liver function tests must be done.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest pet hospital in case of overdose.
How can I store Carprovet (Carprofen) Flavored Tablets?
Store in a dry and cool place.
An exam and review of medical history should be performed on dogs prior to administering NSAIDs like Carprofen. Consider periodic serum biochemical baseline data and hematology testing before and during use.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.