Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats works to kill adult fleas, prevent and treat existing flea (Ctenocephalides felis) infestations, and control and treat black-legged tick (Ixodes scapularis) infestations for a 12-week period. It also works to control and treat infestations of American dog ticks (Dermacentor variabilis) for an 8-week period. Bravecto is veterinarian-recommended and FDA-approved.
12-week supply (pack of 1) is individually sold.
Who is Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats for?
For use on kittens (ages 6 months and up; 2.6 pounds and up) and cats.
Why use Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats?
Features of Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats:
- After a three-day period has passed following application, immersion or bathing in water has no effect on the efficacy of the product
- Treatment can start in any season, then continue all year long with no interruption
- Provides 12 weeks of protection against ticks and fleas
How does Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats work?
Fluralaner is an isoxazoline-substituted benzamide derivative intended for systemic use. It inhibits the nervous systems of arthropods. It is a ligand-gated chloride channel antagonist (glutamate and GABA receptors).
How is Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats sold?
Sold in 1 or 3 month supplies based on your cat's weight:
- 112.50 mg Green for Cats 2.6 - 6.2 lbs
- 250 mg Blue for Cats 6.2 - 13.8 lbs
- 500 mg Purple for Cats 13.8 - 27.5 lbs
Bravecto is also available in the following:
- Bravecto Topical Solution for Dogs
- Bravecto Chews for Dogs
- Bravecto Plus Topical Solution for Cats
What are the side effects of Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats?
Administer cautiously to cats with any past or present neurologic abnormality. Neurologic abnormalities are possible in cats on Bravecto, even for cats who have no history of such conditions.
What special precautions are there?
- Extremely flammable. Keep this product away from ignition sources, open flame, sparks, and heat.
- Use plenty of soap and water to thoroughly wash hands immediately following use.
- In case of eye contact, gently and slowly flush using water.
- Do not allow eye or skin contact.
- Never smoke, drink, or eat and handle product simultaneously.
- Never contact or let a child contact this product's application site until fully dried.
- Keep out of reach of animals and children.
- Not for use in humans.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency animal hospital. You may also contact Merck Animal Health Pharmacovigilance: Companion Animal Technical Services, 800-224-5318.
How can I store Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats?
- Don't store above 86°F (30°C).
- Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture.
- Only open pouch prior to use.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.