Atropine Ophthalmic Ointment is an antimuscarinic that blocks muscle receptors in the eye. It is an effective treatment for conditions like uveal or corneal disease.
Who is Atropine Ophthalmic Ointment USP, 1% for?
For use in horses, cats, and dogs.
Why use Atropine Ophthalmic Ointment USP, 1%?
Features of Atropine Ophthalmic Ointment:
- Dilates the pupils
- Treats secondary glaucoma
- Relieves pain caused by uveitis, corneal ulcers, and other eye conditions
- Reduces inflammation
How does Atropine Ophthalmic Ointment USP, 1% work?
Atropine blocks eye muscle receptors, preventing the eye from becoming accustomed to near vision. It dilates the eyes and provides relief from pain and spasms.
Atropine Ophthalmic Ointment USP, 1%
How is Atropine Ophthalmic Ointment USP, 1% sold?
Atropine can cause animals to salivate if it gets into their mouths.
Signs of allergic reaction include:
- Cold limbs
- Pale gums
- Sudden diarrhea
- Facial swelling
If your pet exhibits any of these symptoms, seek immediate veterinary attention.
What special precautions are there?
- Never use if ointment color has changed.
- If your pet is using other eye medications, wait for a minimum of 5 minutes before administering other drops or medications.
- Never rinse the ointment tube.
- Never rub the eye, and tro to avoid blinking.
- Do not touch the sterile ointment tube to the eye or any other surface. This can cause an eye infection.
What to do if overdose?
Immediately contact your closest animal hospital.
How can I store Atropine Ophthalmic Ointment USP, 1%?
Store at room temperature
Atropine may also be prescribed to your pet as an eye treatment after cataract surgery.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.