"Adequan Equine I.M. is indicated for intramuscularly treating non-infectious traumatic and/or degenerative joint dysfunction, along with associated hock joint and carpal lameness in horses. It is one brand of PSGAG (polysulfated glycosaminoglycan).
What is Adequan Equine I.M. 500mg/5ml 7 x 5ml?
Adequan® Equine I.M. (polysulfated glycosaminoglycan) is the only FDA-approved treatment proven to relieve symptoms of non-infectious degenerative osteoarthritis, to stimulate cartilage repair and reverse the joint disease process.
Who is Adequan Equine I.M. 500mg/5ml 7 x 5ml for?
For use in horses.
Why use Adequan Equine I.M. 500mg/5ml 7 x 5ml?
Features of Adequan:
- Aids in the control of non-infectious traumatic or degenerative arthritis
- Excellent choice for treating horses after surgery
- Injectable medication
How does Adequan Equine I.M. 500mg/5ml 7 x 5ml work?
- Increases cartilage production
- Aids in the production of healthy joint fluid
- Helps reduce inflammation
- Increases synovial fluid thickness
American Regent, Inc.
How is Adequan Equine I.M. 500mg/5ml 7 x 5ml sold?
500 mg/5 mL solution in 7 x 5 ml vials
What are the side effects of Adequan Equine I.M. 500mg/5ml 7 x 5ml?
While there are no known side effects for the intramuscular use of polysulfated glycosaminoglycan, there have been no studies conducted regarding safe use in breeding horses.
What special precautions are there?
- Safety is not proven for use in breeding horses.
- Not for use in horses intended for food use.
- Not for human use.
- Ensure proper administration of all seven recommended doses for optimal benefits.
- Keep away from children.
- Federal law requires that this product be used only on the order of or by licensed veterinarians,
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Adequan Equine I.M. 500mg/5ml 7 x 5ml?
Store at room temperature 64°-77°F(18°-25°C)
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.