Activyl for Dogs and Puppies is a once-monthly spot-on flea medication unlike no other on the market. It utilizes a method known as bioactivation, which means that indoxacarb, the active ingredient, is completely activated through the use of the enzymes of the flea itself. It kills adults, larvae, and eggs, putting a stop to the lifecycle of the flea and inhibiting re-infestation. Dosage depends on the weight of your dog.
Who is Activyl for Dogs & Puppies for?
For use in puppies and dogs.
Why use Activyl for Dogs & Puppies?
Features of Activyl:
- Requires only once-monthly application
- Waterproof formula, even through bathing
- Kills larvae, eggs, and adult fleas
- New bioactivation technology offers complete flea control
How does Activyl for Dogs & Puppies work?
Activyl breaks the life cycle of fleas, which kills larvae, eggs, and adults. This reduces the odds of reinfestation. Activyl is applied by spreading the product through the coat and skin of your pet. After a flea finds its way to your pet, it ingests Activyl's active ingredient, causing changes in the enzymes within the flea. Activyl becomes fully active, paralyzing the flea and leaving it unable to feed. This process is known as bioactivation, which is the latest in flea control technology.
Merck Animal Health
Indoxacarb: (S)-methyl 7-chloro-2,5-dihydro-2-[[(methoxycarbonyl)[4-trifluoromethoxy)phenyl]amino]-carbonyl]indeno[1,2-e][1,3,4]oxadiazine-4a(3H)-carboxylate
How is Activyl for Dogs & Puppies sold?
6 Month Supply based on your dog's weight:
- (Toy) Over 4 lbs-14 lbs
- (S) Small Over 14 lbs-22 lbs
- (M) Medium Over 22 lbs-44 lbs
- (L) Large Over 44 lbs-88 lbs
- (XL) Extra Large Over 88 lbs-132 lbs
What are the side effects of Activyl for Dogs & Puppies?
Following pesticide use, rare individual sensitivities could occur.
What special precautions are there?
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Thoroughly wash hands after handling with soap and water prior to using the bathroom, using tobacco, chewing gum, drinking, or eating.
- If your pet exhibits symptoms of sensitivity, immediately notify your veterinarian.
- Irritating to the eyes. Do not allow contact with clothing, eyes, or skin.
- Speak to your veterinarian prior to administering this medication to aged, debilitated, or medicated dogs. Some medications can have interactions with pesticides.
- Before applying the dose, weigh your dog to verify that you are giving the right formulation based on your dog's weight.
- Use the entire contents on every dog or cat, and never split a tube between multiple pets.
- Never use on kittens or puppies under the age of 8 weeks.
- Never use on lactating or pregnant females.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency animal hospital. You may also contact Merck Animal Health Pharmacovigilance: Companion Animal Technical Services, 800-224-5318.
How can I store Activyl for Dogs & Puppies?
Store in a dry and cool environment out of sunlight. Don't refrigerate.
- Reapply every 30 days.
- Do not allow product to run off, and do not allow contact with treatment area until it has dried completely.
- Firmly squeeze the applicator, then apply all contents directly onto the skin.
- Part hair, then place the tip of the applicator against the skin at the base of the skull. Applying Activyl in this manner will dissuade your pet from licking it.
- Hold applicator upright and away from your own face, then bend and fold the applicator back onto itself to snap the tip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.