Frontline Plus for Cats and Kittens is a once-monthly topical tick and flea preventative medication that works to kill 100% of mature adult fleas on your kitten or cat in under twelve hours. It also kills 100% of chewing lice and ticks within 48 hours of application. Frontline Plus contains S-methoprene, which is an IGR (insect growth regulator) that kills flea larvae and eggs. It works to kill all stages of deer ticks (the primary carrier of Lyme disease), lone star ticks, American dog ticks, and brown dog ticks. See
PetAssistant Flea and Tick chart to find which flea and tick product is best for your pet.
Who is Frontline Plus for Cats and Kittens for?
For use in kittens (ages 8 weeks and up, weighing a minimum of 1.5 pounds) and cats.
Why use Frontline Plus for Cats and Kittens?
Features of Frontline Plus for Cats and Kittens:
- Easy to use
- Acts quickly
- Safe for use on lactating, pregnant, or breeding females
- Quickly eliminates chewing lice infestations
- Controls and prevents reinfestation
- Kills lone star, American dog, brown dog, and deer ticks (the primary carrier of Lyme disease) in every stage
- Kills fleas, which are associated with flea allergy dermatitis
- Prevents development of fleas in all life stages (pupae, larvae, and eggs)
- Kills flea larvae, eggs, and adult fleas
- Prevents and stops infestations
How does Frontline Plus for Cats and Kittens work?
Frontline Plus for Cats uses S-methoprene, an IGR (insect growth regulator), along with fipronil. These ingredients work in tandem to target fleas in all life stages. Fipronil works by collecting in the hair follicle and skin oils, and it continues to release from the follicles of the hair onto the coat and skin of the cat. This leads to lasting protection against chewing lice, ticks, and fleas.
Active ingredient(s): Fipronil 9.8%, (S)-Methoprene 11.8%
How is Frontline Plus for Cats and Kittens sold?
Frontline Plus Cats & Kittens is sold over the counter (OTC) in 3,6, and 12 month supply.
What are the side effects of Frontline Plus for Cats and Kittens?
The most common side effect is application site irritation. This is typically temporary. If symptoms continue or worsen within a few days after application, seek immediate veterinary attention.
What special precautions are there?
- Thoroughly wash hands with soap and water after handling this product.
- Do not allow contact with clothing, eyes, or skin.
- Eye injury can occur. If contact occurs, use plenty of water to flush the eyes, and seek medical attention if the irritation does not subside.
- This flammable product should not be exposed to open flame or heat.
- Harmful if swallowed by a human. Contact a poison control center or physician for advice. Patient should sip water in the meantime. Never induce vomiting unless the patient is conscious and it has been advised by a medical professional.
- Only safe for external use on kittens and cats.
- Safe for use on nursing, pregnant, or breeding animals.
- Discuss with your veterinarian if your pet is on any medication or pesticide, or if your pet is aged or debilitated.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- To dispose wrap original container in several layers of newspaper and discard in trash.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including SD Alochol 40 which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects to reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Frontline Plus for Cats and Kittens?
Store at room temperature in original container.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.